How do you know you are manipulated?
When you care about someone with an addiction you may find some of their behaviour upsetting and confusing. 2 common threads you observe in nearly all addictions are LYING and MANIPULATION on the part of person abusing drugs or alcohol.
Ways of manipulation by addicted individual: -
1) Asking for money
2) Causing fights
3) Isolating and self-harm
4) Guilt - tripping
5) Being overly nice
6) Emotional blackmail.
How to spot manipulation?
- Preying on your emotional, physical or monetary fears
- Arresting power & importance over your life
- Acting kind & attentive only when they want something from you
- Leaving your feelings used, confused, bullied, guilty
- Using black - white language like 'always' or 'never' when describing themselves or someone else.
Coping with manipulation: -
- Create boundaries
- Avoid enabling
- Listen actively
- Care for yourself
For More Information, Please Call on – 9172909091.