Self-confidence refers to “people’s sense of competence and skill, their perceived capability to deal effectively with various situations” (Shrauger & Schohn)
Self-confidence is not something that everyone is born with. It might be difficult to gain confidence at times, either because of personal experiences or because of poor self-esteem.
Attributes of self-confident person:
1. Does what they believe is right, even if it’s unpopular
2. Is willing to take risks
3. Admits their mistakes and learns from them
4. Is able to accept a compliment
5. Is optimistic.
How to gain confidence:
There are a number of things you may do to boost your self-esteem. These confidence boosters can help you whether you lack confidence in a specific area or struggle to feel confident about anything.
1. Stop Comparing Yourself to Others: When you realise, you're making comparisons, how do you gain confidence? First, remind yourself that this isn't a good idea. Life isn't a competition, and everyone is running their own race. It's also beneficial to remind yourself of your own talents and triumphs if you're feeling envious of someone else's life. Keep a gratitude notebook to remind yourself of the blessings in your life. This can assist you in concentrating on your own life rather than the lives of others.
2. Surround Yourself with Positive People: Consider how you feel when you're with your buddies. Do your buddies encourage you or discourage you? Do they continuously pass judgement on you or accept you for who you are?
People you spend time with have a greater impact on your ideas and attitudes about yourself than you may realise. As a result, pay attention to how others affect you. It may be time to say goodbye if you feel horrible about yourself after spending time with a certain person.
Rather, surround yourself with individuals who genuinely care about you and want the best for you. Seek out those who are upbeat and can assist you in gaining confidence. Self-assurance and a good attitude, in fact, go hand in hand.
3. Be kind to yourself: It involves treating yourself with kindness when you make a mistake, fail, or experience a setback. It allows you to become more emotionally flexible and helps you better navigate challenging emotions, enhancing your connection to yourself and others.
4. Positive self-conversations: Negative self-talk can limit your abilities and lessen your confidence by convincing your subconscious that you "can't handle" something or that it is "too hard" and you "shouldn't even try." Self-talk that is optimistic, on the other hand, can help foster self-compassion, overcome self-doubt, and take on new challenges.
The next time you begin to think that you have no business speaking up in a meeting or that you are too out of shape to work out, remind yourself that your thoughts aren’t always accurate. Then find a way to turn those thoughts around into more positive self-talk.
#Stress #Anxiety #RehabCentreforDrugAddicts #RehabCentreforAlcoholAddicts #RehabilitationCentreMumbai #DeaddictionCentreMumbai #NashMuktiKendraMumbai #StayHomeStaySafe #RehabCentre #DeAddictionCentre #PsychiatricCentre
For More Information, Please Call on – 9172909091.