Motivation is the process that initiates, guides, and maintains goal-oriented behaviors. In everyday usage, the term 'motivation' is frequently used to describe why a person does something. It is the driving force behind human actions.
'Motivation is a critical component of effective addiction treatment' until people are ready to make significant changes in their life-lasting recovery is not possible. People go through or series of stages when they change their addictive behaviour the stages are cognitive and behavioral.
Stages of Motivation –
1) Pre-contemplation: - Avoidance. That is not seeing a problem behaviour or not considering change. People in this stage are in total 'Denial' stage. They think that there's no problem existing and the way they behave is correct.
2) Contemplation: - acknowledging that there is a problem but struggling with ambivalence. Weighing pros and cons and benefits and barriers to change. This stage helps people to start 'accepting' their problems and flaws.
3) Preparation/Determination: - taking steps and getting ready to change. In this stage they start making plans and structuring their goals
4) Action: - making the change and living the new behaviours. Starting to apply practically.
5) Maintenance: - maintaining the behaviour change that is now part of persons life.
By identifying where a person is in the change cycle interventions can be tailored to individuals’ 'readiness' to progress in the recovery process. Anything that moves a person through the stages toward a positive outcome should be regarded as a success.
Some tips for motivation: -
1) Find/Create a goal or a structure in your life.
2) Settings goals and regularly review them and the progress.
3) Find mentors who are experienced in the habit (or the goal) that you want to change.
4) Connect to your support system and surround yourself by positive people/environment.
5) Plan your entire day by making lists.
6) Break everything into small steps.
7) Use exercise as one of your daily goals to improve your mental health.
8) Maintain healthy habits/lifestyle.
#Stress #Anxiety #RehabCentreforDrugAddicts #RehabCentreforAlcoholAddicts #RehabilitationCentreMumbai #DeaddictionCentreMumbai #NashMuktiKendraMumbai #StayHomeStaySafe
For More Information, Please Call on – 9172909091.